Verticel Gel Electrophoresis Cell VE180
VE180 Mini Vertical Gel Electrophoresis Cell system simplifies the process of casting and running gels by eliminating tedious assembly procedures. Not only does it let you work with Ready Gel precast gels as well as hand-cast gels, it’s quite simply the easiest-to-use system .
- Glass plates with permanently bonded spacer guarantee perfect alignment and leakfree casting.
- Glass spacer plates are thicker to reduce breakage.
- Casting frames with simple cam closure provide precision alignment on any flat surface.
- Plastic combs do not inhibit polymerization as Teflon combs do, and have a built-in ridge to eliminate air contact during polymerization.
- Glass plates and combs are marked with thickness and number of wells for instant identification.
- Self-governed casting stand allows access to and cast personal gels.
- The spring-loaded lever design creates a tight seal against the soft rubber gasket.
- Sample loading guides aid in sample application by preventing skipping of lanes.
- You can run either Ready Gel precast gels or hand-cast gels in the VE180 electrophoresis module.
- The VE180 electrophoresis module runs two gels at once, or one gel using the molded one-piece buffer dam.
- VE180 cell for running hand-cast or precast PAGE and SDS-PAGE gels.
- The modular electeode assembly is compatible with the VE-186 Mini Blotting Electrophoresis Cell for western blotting.
Gel size (W×L) 8.3×7.3 cm Glass plate size Short plate: 10×7.3 cm (W×L)
Spacer plate: 10×8.3 cm (W×L)
Typical upper buffer volume 120 ml Typical lower buffer volume 180 ml Typical run times for SDS-PAGE 45 minutes