Fume Hood X series are used to protect lab environment and operator during general chemical applications.
It actively protects operator from inhaling toxic vapors and dramatically reduces the risk of fire and explosion.
By installing proper filter, it can also protect environment.
- UV Lamp for sterilization.
- Motorized front glass window.
- Adjustable air speed: 9 levels.
- Alarm when filter working time 3500 hours.
- With air velocity memory function in case of power failure.
- Back side air compensation, to avoid turbulence in work area.
- 10°slope front ergonomics design, fatigue-free working posture.
- Microprocessor control system, LED display.LED display filter working time.
- Transparent side glass windows maximize light and visibility inside the cabinet, providing a bright and open working environment.
What are the suitable applications for Fume Hoods?
Chemical Transfer, Dilution, Mixing, Buffer Preparation, Applications with minimal heating, Titration, pH testing.
Can fume hoods be used as a storage space for volatile, flammable or noxious chemicals?
Chemicals can be stored during an ongoing analysis but ducted fume hoods are not designed for permanent chemical storage. Items placed inside the fume hood can interfere with air flow and may cause contaminants to be drawn in.
Can I use a ducted fume hood to safely dispose chemicals by means of evaporation?
Chemicals are exhausted out into the atmosphere untreated so fume hoods are inappropriate for waste disposal. Always follow proper chemical waste disposal protocols designated in your laboratory.
What are the factors to consider when purchasing a ducted fume hood?
Location impacts the nature and extent of external airflow disturbances which may affect a ducted fume hood's performance. It is advisable to have a site assessment before purchasing a ducted fume hood.
The types of chemicals, quantity, temperature and nature of handling are important factors to consider. There is a wide range of ducted fume hood models, each designed to handle a specific type of chemical and application.